Author Topic: USFWS Red Wolf Restoration Scandal  (Read 67400 times)

citizensscience

• Administrator
Re: USFWS Red Wolf Restoration Scandal
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 03:34:40 PM »

***DONOR ALERT***

Defenders "Deceives" Donors in North Carolina yet again!!

citizens science, red wolf, marine fisheries, ncpol

citizensscience

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 01:14:45 AM »

Plenty of "Seems" "Appears" "Could'a Would'a and Should'a" contained in that paper "Funded" in part by Point Defiance Zoo & recent recipient of $700k check from USFWS.

Looks as if those who's lively hoods are dependent on "Study's" and $7k "Guest of the Court" invoices are aggressively pulling out all the stops to keep the lights on over at the Point Defiance Hybrid Wolf Mill.

What they FAIL to mention is whatever the SE States "Had" USFWS declared it extinct and factually "Invented" a canid that had until 1977 NEVER before existed!

Perhaps they should take the advise of Ron Nowak and just preserve this "Invented" Hybrid Canid as a National Park back in its "Historic Range" @ Tacoma, Washington!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 01:36:22 AM by citizensscience »

citizensscience

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »

citizensscience

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 12:56:38 PM »

Date: March 14, 2016 at 12:51:39 PM EDT
To: choffman@defenders.org
Cc: Dan Ashe <d_m_ashe@fws.gov>, gary_frazer@fws.gov, Secretary_jewell@ios.doi.gov, Derb Carter <derbc@selcnc.org>, sweaver@selcnc.org, cathy@awionline.org, Leopoldo Miranda <leopoldo_miranda@fws.gov>, cynthia_dohner@fws.gov, gordon.myers@ncwildlife.org, jclark@defenders.org, jRylander@defenders.org, jstofan@defenders.org, dberry@defenders.org

Subject: Barbwire, Tail-Pipes & "Woof'er People"...

https://vimeo.com/155228796

Thought I'd check-in to see if, as the Southern Gentlemen in the video says, the "Woof-er" People were still planning on moving forward with the "Pup Killing Plan" and continuing to employee the use of "Steel Leg-hold Traps" on the Wildlife Refuges to trap and sterilize mature coyotes??

LMK!!

Animal Welfare Institute, Defenders of Wildlife and Red Wolf Coalition file a federal lawsuit and demand the judge issue an order forcing USFWS to resume their recently halted use of "Steel Leg-Hold Traps" to catch and sterilize innocent coyotes. These management practices center around an illegal act (banned 1979) known as "Den Hunting", where as the USFWS physically removes newborns from their den to "Kill the Nursing Coyote Puppies".

citizensscience

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 12:50:37 AM »
Date: March 1, 2016 at 11:19:18 PM EST
To: Kent_Laudon@fws.gov, Dan Ashe <d_m_ashe@fws.gov>, gary_frazer@fws.gov, Secretary_jewell@ios.doi.gov
Cc: jclark@defenders.org, derbc@selcnc.org, sweaver@selcnc.org, jRylander@defenders.org, cynthia_dohner@fws.gov, Leopoldo Miranda <leopoldo_miranda@fws.gov>, cathy@awionline.org, susen@awionline.org, keith_toomey@fws.gov

Subject: Mexican Hybrid Wolves & Encumbered "Title"

Dan - Respectfully, now I've asked you to call me how many times & your about to put Mr. Landon in a very compromising spot with the Mexican Government.

Can you explain to me how the US has the authority to direct Mr. Landon to "Illegally" Release Wolves we don't even own??  Yes, Dan, I'm 110% Serious, you probably already figured I had the supporting docs and I do, but they didn't come from FWS, I don't think you even have these rather I suspect they were deliberately discarded.

Derb, I've sent you two text over the weekend and called you this afternoon on ur cell & left a VM, I've called you Ms. Weaver 3 times and requested a call back.

Ms. Clark, I must say you Defenders folks must invest a lot into your switchboard / gatekeeper's salary as she's a bit intrusive with her shake down tactics!!  But she was very polite!  In all seriousness Ms. Clark we need to speak ASAP given our General Assembly's Select Committee meets Wednesday the 16th in Raleigh to address Defenders of Wildlife's fundraising records (below) & I think they may have both the Sect of State & the AG's office present. 

I'd suggest you may want to make the trip on Defenders behalf, it begins @ 2:00 pm.  Mr. Ferebee will I believe send out a new communication tomm, part 1 of 10 that clearly shows 60 undisputed Illegal takes that will have to be charged given they "Knowingly Knew" what they were doing!! 

I'm dead serious folks!   Yes, exactly 1/2 of the 120 that USFWS previously "Illegally" took from within the safety of the captive breeding program.  Additionally, your gonna want to fly into Raleigh (RDU), it's brand new and were lucky to have it.

I understand committee members will begin discussing state funding as it relates to the 5 Zoos that both directly and via (identified) funneling, indirectly receive state funds, also address the DOT's past spend due to a 100% Fraudulent Red Wolf Program.  I expect it would be prudent for the state to look to FWS and subrogate to recoup these wasted funds that are deep in the 7 figure range.

Ms. Clark, I do hope you will see fit to call me tomm as Gary speaks very highly of you and said your hearts in the right place and your passionate @ conservation, that we can all admire and respect!!   Folks let's get to communicating and do right here. 

Ms. Clark, I still crack up that you would sue ur buddy Dan as I understand you both respect each other and are good friends, you know what they say Derb...  "Friends don't let Friends sue Friends"!!

Folks, it's time to put the rubber on the road and here's the deal and were you all know your at:

Dan, Defenders, AWI and the RWC can't sue FWS by demanding a federal court force the Service to "Resume Killing Nursing Puppy's" by way of "Illegally Den Hunting" https://vimeo.com/155228796 which became illegal in 1979 one year after Defenders lobbied to have it outlawed.  Derb, the best part is two of ur Plaintiffs Defenders VP & the RWC Co-Wrote the "Nursing Pup Killing Plan". 

Jason, you may be pushing to sue so the marketing department has new material for their "Donor Appeals" however the Defenders "PR Department" will likely "Flip their Lid" & squash the whole suit to keep the pup killing scheme under wraps!   Dan that's great news for you & the Service!!

Next the Animal Welfare Institute just last session tried to have Congress shut down Steel Leg-Hold Trapping on Federal Lands but they've got Derb suing to force the Service to resume the same on guess where, yep...  "Federal Land"...   

Now, predicting what their going to do is difficult seeing Ms. Liss just cut a $3,000,000.00 Check from donors funds to recently settle Racketeering where Animal Welfare Institute paid in part funded their lead witness Tom Ryder $190,000.00 over a two year period along with HSUS and others. 

What's interesting is AWI charged the $3,000,000.00 Racketeering Settlement to "Program Services" on their 990??  So, Dan I've got no read on them or who they may or may not be paying, however the wildcard is if the Service settles AWI could stand to recoup some of their donors money back!

We wont even worry about the Red Wolf Coalition as their tied up responding to a "Crisis" GoFundMe Donor campaign for a Captive Wolf Center that had NO "Crisis".  No kidding, listen to the link you can't make it up! 

https://vimeo.com/151571288

Mr. Landon, Don't let anyone get u fowled up with the Mexican Gov, they own the wolves and everyone that's been released in the US was done so illegally (well deal with that later).  If you have any doubts call Mr. McBride as he's was the USFWS Trapper that they sent to Durango in a mule to get pure wolves that Hendrix "Hybridized Deliberately" just like he did the Florida Panther which is 110% against Congresses intent in passing the 1973 ESA.  Ms. Clark will have to agree with me on this Derb as it was their Sr. VP, Retired FWS Assistant Solicitor General Donald J. Berry that reaffirmed the FWS's August 2, 1977 hybrid opinion.  Mr. Berry even went much past the FWS reaffirmed opinion by quoting the Dusky Seaside Sparrow which FWS defunded and allowed to go extinct (Insert Florida Panther here). https://vimeo.com/151137653 so Landon I'm sure Ms. Clark can get u in touch with Mr. Berry I'm sure.  Last thing we need to happen is you illegally release those Mexican Hendrix Hybrids and you end up in Mexico!  At minimum Dan can he wait until we get a new Sect. Of State, we don't need another Benghazi.  Seriously, we don't have any authority to release Mexico's property as they still hold title!   BTW, y'all keep the "Hendrix Hybrids" quiet, we don't want anyone other than Travio knowing they've all been genetically ruined and the vast amount of historic samples has gone missing...

Roy's a heck of a guy with some wonderful story's!  He's still HOT over Hendrix hybridizing all the pure Mexican Wolves he spent all those nights out after riding a mule all day!  Nevertheless Mr. Laudon here's Roy's cell #! If u need any of the original documents etc I have them all, including a good number the Service apparently doesn't even have or were deliberately thrown away

Again Ms. Clark, Gary speaks very highly of you and he's been very helpful in our effort. I hope you all will take the time tomm to return my calls -

Ferebee & Samples
We're Tough'er'n Woof Teeth

* Pardon shorthand / grammar sent from mobile device-

PS, Let's not forget the September, 2014 "Gunshot" Red Wolf that suddenly died of "Heart-worms"!!  Click Here https://vimeo.com/127949184

O'yea, Can't forget @ the "Wood-Man" and his $52,050.00 "Reward"!!  https://vimeo.com/147197330
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:18:10 AM by citizensscience »

citizensscience

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 11:17:31 PM »
After Defenders of Wildlife Raised all that money, I find it a bit well......  Anyhow, this is what their "Co-Plaintiff had to say about fundraising & the Defenders of Wildlife!

citizensscience

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 10:38:00 PM »
What's so baffling if how the Animal Welfare Institute can "Champion" a Bill in Congress to "Ban" Steel Leg-hold Traps on all the Federal Refuges at the exact same time they are suing USFWS and asking a Federal Judge to order USFWS to resume their recently halted Steel Jaw Leg-hold Trapping efforts along with Killing Nursing Pups via Den Hunting.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:46:01 PM by citizensscience »

citizensscience

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 10:01:00 PM »

Defenders of Wildlife joins RWC & AWI by suing USFWS, demanding they "Resume" the "Killing of Nursing Pups", so we figured we would just call them up...

https://vimeo.com/158770734
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:01:26 PM by citizensscience »

citizensscience

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 09:33:42 PM »
This is very interesting as Defenders of Wildlife has really raised the eye of many lawmakers in North Carolina given their fundraising practices.

Seems odd that they would just give up like that?  Perhaps they are wanting to keep a low profile given the many questions surrounding their fundraising activities.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:36:42 PM by citizensscience »

citizensscience

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 12:13:04 PM »
Defenders of Wildlife Bails on Red Wolves -

Defenders of Wildlife has walked off the Red Wolf Recovery Team, claiming it’s headed for a “dead end,” meeting only once in the past five months.

The only wild population of red wolves on earth is in a five-county area of eastern North Carolina where they were reintroduced. The population includes only 45 red wolves.

Environmental groups had contested the N.C. Wildlife Resource Commission’s management of the nearly extinct population, even filing a lawsuit to restrict coyote hunting in red wolf territory to avoid red wolves being mistaken for coyotes and shot.

The Wildlife Commission in turn questioned whether the red wolf reintroduction is a valid and worthwhile undertaking. So the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service suspended the reintroduction program while conducting a feasibility study to that effect.

According to Defenders of Wildlife, the Red Wolf Recovery Team created to guide the study was a team in name only. The team has members who “seek to undermine red wolf recovery efforts at every turn” and is doing nothing to create “a scientifically-based plan for getting the red wolf back on track,” according to Defenders of Wildlife.

Fish and Wildlife, however, says the team is moving forward to come up with a scientifically based plan for the red wolf’s future.

“We will continue our committed work with this team and its members to chart a path forward related to the future of the experimental population of red wolves and the overall recovery program based on the best science,” said Tom MacKenzie, spokesman for Fish and Wildlife.

http://www.smokymountainnews.com/outdoors/item/17296-wildlife-group-resigns-from-red-wolf-recovery-team
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:15:34 PM by citizensscience »