Author Topic: Surfer Call's Out - Shark Attracting "Chum-Boats" along North Carolina Beach  (Read 7375 times)

citizensscience

• Administrator
Chum Boats, Swimmers and Shark Attacks -  Assessing Risk Factors, Tourism and North Carolina's Beaches -

Click Link Below -

https://youtu.be/7661NyElRKU

Citizens Science Investigates - "Chum Boats" and Beachgoers... 

North Carolina Lawmakers - Bob Steinburg, Beverly Boswell and Jerry Tillman continue to allow these Chum Boats to parallel unknowing beachgoers, swimmers and their children. 

Sending large swarms of sharks into a feeding frenzy within such close proximity to the shore is reckless at best and senseless at worst.  Neither of which, serve to assure coastal visitors or the tourism industry our coastal community's have appropriate safeguards in place.

Please Call or Text Representative Bob Steinburg (contact below) and politely request he protect visiting beach goers and their swimming children from NC Shark Attacks baited by these destructive Chum Boats. 

UPDATE - While approaching nearly 1000 views in just a few short hours, clearly this is a topic of Public Safety where coastal residents and vacationers have a shared interest.  These previously unreported "Chumming" operations and the ensuing "Shark Swarms" have resonated with citizens given the significance of the risk.  A risk that until now, has been suppressed and kept from the public.

Should you prefer you can click here and add your voice - https://www.change.org/p/rep-bob-steinburg-shark-attack-demand-nc-lawmakers-repeal-chumming-for-children?recruiter=533463044&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_twitter_responsive&utm_content=nafta_copylink_message_1%3Acontrol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:02:17 PM by citizensscience »
citizens science, red wolf, marine fisheries, ncpol

citizensscience

• Administrator

Retired NCDMF Director on  sharks and swimmers -

citizens science, red wolf, marine fisheries, ncpol

Susan Pickett

Take this off Facebook! This is all lies as usual. This is the livelihood of most people in this area.

My husband and I live in Greensboro, have a home at the coast that we enjoy with our 4 children and 6 grandchildren.  It may be your livelihood, however its lives this is about.  Not livelihoods.  When I saw this on Facebook I was stunned our county commission and state allows boats to bait schools of sharks so close to where family's swim.

I shared this and tagged my coastal garden club friends, I hope others to do the same.

norris

Take this off Facebook! This is all lies as usual. This is the livelihood of most people in this area.

Kevin Hall

These  are unsafe practices in to close a proximity to shore. More than 2mi.  Maybe, but still sketchy it attracts them to the area period. #LetNatureBeNature
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:08:15 AM by citizensscience »